As a landlord you are obliged to:
- Register the tenancy with the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB).
- Provide your tenant with a rent book or a statement showing that the rent is being paid.
- Ensure that your property meets certain minimum standards.
- Make any necessary repairs and maintain the property to the standard of the property at the beginning of the lease.
- Make any necessary repairs and maintenance to the structure of the property.
- Pay for any repairs that your tenant has carried out which are your responsibility.
- Provide insurance for the property.
- Inform the tenant of any representatives that are dealing with the tenancy on your behalf.
- Provide your tenant with your current contact details.
- Provide your tenant with 28 days notice of a rent review.
- Provide your tenant with a written notice for termination of the tenancy agreement.
- Provide reimbursement of any deposits made by your tenant, unless there are any rent arrears of damage to the land and/or building.
If you require further information about your obligations as a landlord, please take a look at the following document.
However, if you require more information, please take a look at the following websites.