As a tenant you are obliged to:
- Pay your rent on time.
- Always keep the building and/or land to the same standard that it was when you began your tenancy agreement.
- Inform the landlord or their representative if any repairs are needed within the property.
- Allow the landlord or their representative access to the property to carry out repairs.
- Give the landlord or their representative access to the property only if they give you prior notice, for routine inspections.
- Inform the landlord of all permanent occupiers of the building and/or land.
- Do not cause damage or disruption at the property.
- Do not cause the landlord to be in breach of the law.
- Fulfil and meet special terms in your tenancy agreement, verbal or written.
- Provide the landlord with the information required to register with the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB) and sign any registration forms when required.
If you require further information about your obligations as a tenant, please take a look at the following document.
However, if you require more information, please take a look at the following websites.