Do Not Consume Notice - Mountainlodge GWS
Following consultation with the Health Service Executive, Cavan County Council has issued a Do Not Consume Notice with immediate effect to protect the health of all consumers of water supplied by the Mountainlodge Group Water Supply Scheme.
Important: Boiling your water will not render it safe to drink.
Please use an alternative safe source of drinking water (e.g. bottled water) for the following:
- Preparing Drinks made with water
- Cooking of Food.
- Food Preparation including washing and preparation of salads and similar foods, which are not cooked prior to eating
- Brushing of teeth and/or gargling
- Making of ice. However, ensure you first discard all existing ice cubes in fridges and freezers and filtered water in fridges
Alternative water sources
Alternative supply will be provided at the following locations from 1pm on Wednesday, 3 August:
- Laragh Hall (Eircode: H12 CX33)
- Tunnyduff Community Centre (Eircode: A82 AD81)
Boil water from tankers before use for drinking or for food preparation. Please pass this information to your neighbours and friends.
Remember – do not use your tap water for drinking or food preparation until further notice. Water from the hot tap of kitchen or bathroom sinks is not safe to drink.
For further information, please contact Mountainlodge Group Water Scheme on 083 207 5126