Apply for Social Housing

Make an application for social housing support with Cavan County Council.

Housing Assistance Payment

The Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a form of social housing support for people who have a long-term housing need.

Rental Accommodation Scheme

If you are getting Rent Supplement for a long period and you are in need of long-term housing, you may be eligible for the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS).

Mortgage to Rent Scheme

If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, the mortgage-to-rent scheme lets you switch from owning your home to renting it as a social housing tenant.


Details of current recruitment vacancies at Cavan County Council.

Community Grants

Information on the various grants available to the Community sector in Cavan

Planning Permission

All you need to know about applying for Planning Permission in County Cavan

Dog Licence

Under the Control of Dogs Act 1986, which was amended in 1992, all dog owners are required to have a dog licence.

Road and footpath permits

Details on permits for road/footpath opening, moving abnormal loads, use of off-road vehicles and permit to place a skip on a public road.