How do I request Information

To access information held by Cavan County Council

Write to us at: 

Data Protection Officer

Corporate Services

Cavan County Council


Farnham Street

H12 R6V2



Your letter should read as follows:

I wish to make an access request under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 for a copy of any information you keep about me, on computer or in manual form.”


Please include any details that could help us to locate your records. This might include:

  • Customer account number
  • Staff number
  • Any other information that may help us to identify your records