Investing in Equality/Improving Services
A joint project was carried out between Cavan and Kildare County Councils over 2009 to improve services for Black and minority ethnic (including Traveller) people. The project was supported through the Equality Authority and seen the development of a number of initiatives by both councils to improve and enhance service delivery to people from these communities.
The following projects were undertaken by Cavan County Council.
- Cavan Multicultural Event
- A Voter Education Campaign
- The setting up of an Ethnic Diversity Advisory Group
- The Gathering of Baseline Data
- Website Development
- Cavan County Council Information Event
- ‘The History of Ballyjamesduff’ booklet
- Staff Study Trip to Traveller Centres
- Workshop for Staff on Ensuring Traveller Equality