Surface Water Monitoring
It is the responsibility of Environmental Management to organise and carry out extensive environmental monitoring of the rivers and lakes throughout County Cavan.
In addition to monitoring 120 river stations and 27 lake stations there are also monitoring programmes in place for the following:
- Discharges from sewage treatment works.
- Discharges from licensed facilities which includes:
- Discharges to the sewer network.
- Discharges to waters.
- Drinking water quality of public supplies.
- The quality of raw water sources used for drinking water and Group Water Schemes.
- Dangerous substances.
- Nitrates in groundwater’s.
How do I make a complaint about water pollution?
Even though we carry out extensive monitoring, we also depend on the public to provide us with information about any possible water pollution incidents.
If you have a water pollution complaint that you would like to tell us about, please provide details of your complaint by taking a look at the following
If you require further information about the extensive monitoring which we carry out, please get in touch by using the following details: