As a tenant you have the right to:
- Quiet and exclusive enjoyment of your home.
- Receive the minimum standards of accommodation.
- Complete records of your rent payments using a rent book.
- Have up to date contact information for your landlord or their representative.
- Contact your landlord or their representative at any reasonable time.
- Allow your landlord or their representative only to enter your home with your prior permission, except in the case of an emergency.
- A complete refund for any repairs which you carried out on the landlords behalf.
- Have friends and relatives stay for short periods of time unless is it specified differently within your tenancy agreement.
- Receive a certain amount of notice on the termination of the tenancy agreement.
- Inform the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB) of any disputes and unfairly treat your tenant for doing so.
- Receive a copy of any registry entry held by the PTRB dealing with your tenancy.
If you require further information about your rights as a tenant, please take a look at the following document.
However, if you require more information, please take a look at the following websites.