Local authority graduate programme open for applications
Cavan County Council and local authorities nationwide are recruiting graduates in a range of skills areas.
Graduates and those who will graduate in 2024 are invited to apply to the Local Authority Graduate Programme. Roles are available in local authorities nationwide.
This is a three-year, structured, graduate development programme that offers the chance to work in a local authority and make a real difference, using what you have learned during your degree. The programme recruits graduates to work in one of the 31 local authorities. You can choose which local authorities and which of the follow skills areas you are interested in when applying.
- Economic Enterprise and Business Development
- Project and Programme Management
- Innovation Strategy and Change Management
- HR Management
- Communications and Marketing
- Data Analytics and Data Metrics
- Climate Action
- IT Skills
- Community Development
We want to make sure you realise your full potential and get the most from the graduate programme. An integral part of the programme is investment in learning and development for participants, including accredited training.
Secure a place on our Graduate Programme and you'll enjoy a host of benefits, including:
- An annual salary of €34,919
- A three-year development programme
- Training and support with a dedicated mentor from day one
- 24 days' annual leave (plus public holidays)
- The potential for flexible and blended working
How do I apply?
Recruitment for the Local Authority Graduate Programme is coordinated nationally by the Local Government Management Agency.
Go to localgovernmentjobs.ie/graduates to find out more and to apply online.
You must submit your application by 3pm on March 1st, 2024.