The Information Technology Department at Cavan County Council has responsibility for the maintenance, procurement and implementation of all Computer and Information Technology systems. Staff in the IT department work in a broad range of technological areas and service provision.
The Information Technology Department provides the following functions:
- Implement and support a secure and stable communications and network infrastructure for the organisation.
- Provides technical support and advice to the Council staff, Elected Members, public users and related organisations on our ICT systems.
- Manages and supports Enterprise Systems alongside more specialised Line of Business applications for the different service areas and departments.
- Develops and maintains the County Council’s websites and online services.
- Provision of GIS software including support and development.
- Co-operates in the implementation of national and regional shared information technology projects.
- Researches and advises on projects with an information systems element.
- In consultation with management and staff creates and implements appropriate IT Policies procedures.
- Governance and security implementation to ensure the safety and conformance of data stored by the Council.
- Support the delivery of the National Broadband plan.
Information Technology has become a vital feature of the organisation as the delivery of service in all other departments rely heavily on IT infrastructure and systems.