Abnormal loads permit

If you are planning on using the public roads to transport abnormal or indivisible loads, you will need to apply for a permit.

Permit Scheme administered by An Garda Síochána

An Garda Síochána run a special streamlined scheme for the movement of vehicles and loads that do not exceed 27.4 metres in length and 4.3 metres in width on designated roads including the N3 from Kells to Cavan.

How do I apply for a abnormal loads permit?

All applications have to be completed and approved at least four days before you intend to transport your abnormal load using the public roads.

In order to apply for an abnormal loads permit, please go through the following steps.

Step 1

Step 2

Once you have completed the form, you must make a copy and send it to your local Garda station to inform them of any disruption that may be caused.

Step 3

Send the original application form to the following address:

Roads Office
Cavan County Council
The Courthouse
Cavan Town
County Cavan

What happens next?

Once the Roads Section has received your application you will be contacted directly if there are going to be any issues with the abnormal load that you wish to transport.

In the meantime if you have any further questions about making your application for an abnormal loads permit, please get in touch using the contact details below.

YourEurope logo

I want to leave feedback on this page

I want to report an obstacle to my EU rights

I need help or assistance in regards to my EU rights

Was this information helpful?
This form is for feedback on the webpage content. If you wish to report for example potholes, faulty street lights, barking dogs or any council housing maintenance issues please use the Report it option
Thank you for contacting Cavan County Council, we will review and deal with your query and contact you if we require further information.