Commencement Notice & 7 day Notice
In summary, the Commencement Notice Process requires the following documents to be electronically submitted at www.localgov.ie in accordance with Statutory Instrument S.I. 9 2014
- View the Guidance Notes
- A Revised Commencement Notice
- General arrangement drawings;
- A schedule of design documents as are currently prepared or to be prepared;
- An online- assessment via the Building Control Management System of the proposed approach to compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations 1997 to 2014;
- The preliminary inspection plan;
- A Certificate of Compliance (Design);
- Notices of Assignment in respect of the Builder who will carry out the works and of the Assigned Certifier who will inspect and certify the works;
- Certificates of Compliance signed by the Builder and the Assigned Certifier undertaking to carry-out their roles in accordance with the Requirements of the Building Regulations.
- The Designer and the Assigned Certifier must be a Chartered Engineer, or Registered Architect or Registered Surveyor.
- Also Documentation held on file by a building control authority relevant to works or a building included on the statutory register will be accessible to any person who subsequently acquires an interest in the building concerned.
- You should be also be aware that if you omit to submit a valid commencement notice, you may be unable to get a Completion Certificate for the building and this may have serious long term consequences.