Virginia Town Safety and Pavement Scheme
Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
Part 8 Planning and Development Regulations 2001 - 2018, Article 81 – Part 8
Notice of proposed development: N3 Virginia Traffic Calming and Pavement Scheme.
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of a proposal by Cavan County Council to undertake junction / pavement upgrade and street improvement works on Main Street Virginia, County Cavan.
The proposed development will consist of the following:
- The upgrade of the existing T-junction of New Street (N3) and the Ballyjamesduff Road (R194) to provide new Roundabout Junction.
- Street and public realm improvement works along the section of Virginia Main Street between the bridge (southern end) to 180m north of the junction with the Ballyjamesduff road approximate distance of 570m. Proposed improvement works consist of the provision of upgraded footpaths, new road pavement, car parking, street furniture, undergrounding of overhead lines, road signage and markings, landscaping and planting and all ancillary site works.
- Provision/relocation of Bus Stop Facilities on both sides of main street in front of the Courthouse.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection, at the planning offices of Cavan County Council, Farnham Centre, Farnham Street, Cavan Town by appointment only due to the Covid-19 restrictions by contacting the planning department on 049 437 8300 or 049 437 8400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and by stating the name of the proposed development. Appointments can only be taken during normal working hours, during official public opening hours, excluding weekends and bank holidays from Thursday, 25 June 2020 up to and including Thursday, 23 July 2020.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development have also been made available to download at the links below:
- Download the Site Notice (PDF, 52kb)
- Download the Appropriate Assessment (PDF, 1.9MB)Part-8-Report---Final
- Download the Part VIII Report (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Download the Part VIII Drawings (PDF, 4.55MB)
- Download the Habitats Directive Assessment Screening Report (PDF, 378kb)
- Download the Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report (PDF, 252kb)
- Download the Built Heritage Assessment (PDF, 2.8kb)
An Appropriate Assessment Screening Report, Environmental Impact Assessment Pre-Screening Report, a Built Heritage Assessment Report and an Architectural Impact Assessment of the proposed development has been completed and is available for inspection with this application. Plans and particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection or purchase by appointment at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the Planning Office, Farnham Centre, Farnham Street, Cavan Town before the before 5pm on Thursday, 23 July 2020.
Make a Submission
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated may be made in writing and must reach the Forward Planning Section, Farnham Centre, Farnham Street, Cavan, before 5pm on Thursday, 6th August 2020.
As per Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) pre-screening determination has been made and concludes that an EIA is not required. As per Article 120(3) where any person considers that the developments proposed to be carried out would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have such significant effects on the environment.
Director of Service,
24th June 2020.