Cavan County Council is committed to providing information and services that are fully accessible to all. The site is designed in accordance with the W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and conforms to most priority 1,2 and 3 checkpoints.
A list of outstanding issues are
- Cavan County Council are working with the Local Government Computer Services Board to implement e-Plan, an on-line planning Enquiries system, and e-Reg, an on-line register of electors system.
- PDFs and other documents - Some of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
- Subtitles are not provided for live video and audio content.
- Subtitles are not provided for pre-recorded video and audio content.
- In so far as is possible all new content published to the site is published in accessible HTML.
All new content published to the site is published in accessible HTML or accessible PDF. If you require information in an alternative format please use our feedback form or phone us at (049) 4378300.
County Cavan is partnered with an international online access guide providing information to many towns, cities and areas. These access guides cover all types of businesses and services; from hotels to nightclubs, tourist attractions to banks. The information is available free of charge and is used by over 100,000 people each month.
The guide to County Cavan covers 500 public and private sector premises across the county.
- Visit the access guide to the County
The following interactive map provides a listing of all the accessibility features of in County Cavan. This includes everything from Disabled car parking areas to to the services provided by Cavan County Council such as hearing services.