Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)

The Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a form of social housing support for people who have a long-term housing need.

Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS)

If you are receiving Rent Supplement for a long period and you are in need of long-term housing, you may be eligible for the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS).

Mortgage to Rent Scheme (MTR)

If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, the mortgage-to-rent scheme lets you switch from owning your home to renting it as a social housing tenant.

Voluntary Housing Support

Approved Housing Bodies (AHBs), also called housing associations or voluntary housing associations, are independent, not-for-profit organisations. They provide affordable rented housing for people who cannot afford to pay private sector rents or buy their own homes, or for particular groups, such as older people or homeless people.

Mortgage Allowance Scheme

Social housing tenants and tenant purchasers who are taking out a mortgage to buy or build a private house may qualify for the Mortgage Allowance Scheme. The Scheme is designed to ease the transition from social housing to paying a mortgage.

Local Authority Home Loan

A Government-backed mortgage for first time buyers and fresh start applicants.

Room for a Student - Local Authority Tenancies Scheme

From the 1st of December 2023, social housing tenants can rent a room in their home to a third-level student.