Off road vehicles

If you intend to use an off road vehicle on a public road, you will need to apply for a permit. The off road vehicle could be:

  • An off load dumper.
  • A crane.
  • A bulldozer.

How do I apply for a permit?

To apply for an off road vehicle permit, please go through the following steps.

Step 1

Step 2

Please complete the form and send it into the following address:

Roads Section
Cavan County Council
The Courthouse
Cavan Town
County Cavan

If you have any further question or queries regarding the permit for off road vehicles on public roads, please get in touch using the following options.

YourEurope logo

I want to leave feedback on this page

I want to report an obstacle to my EU rights

I need help or assistance in regards to my EU rights

Was this information helpful?
This form is for feedback on the webpage content. If you wish to report for example potholes, faulty street lights, barking dogs or any council housing maintenance issues please use the Report it option
Thank you for contacting Cavan County Council, we will review and deal with your query and contact you if we require further information.