CLÁR Funding Scheme 2023
CLÁR is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in rural areas that have experienced significant levels of population decline.
Measure 1 will be managed by Cavan County Council and Measure 2 will be managed directly by the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD).
The measures being funded under 2023 CLÁR Funding Scheme are:
- Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities and Amenities (Apply to Cavan County Council)
- Measure 2: Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders Transport (Apply directly to DRCD)
Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities and Amenities
Examples of Eligible Interventions:
- Small scale renovation works to community centres
- Multi-Use Gaming Areas (MUGAs)/Astro-Turf facilities including upgrades
- Playgrounds/Skateboard parks/Pump tracks/Cycling tracks
- Walking/Running /Athletics tracks
- Handball Alleys/Tennis Courts/Basketball Courts/Cricket Grounds
- Community Gyms/Community Cinemas
- Sensory Gardens/Community Gardens/ Allotments
- Access to unique local heritage sites / areas of natural beauty
- Outdoor Bowling Areas/Outdoor Toilet Facilities/Car Parking
- Improving access at sports grounds e.g. development/upgrade of spectator stands at local sports grounds with a particular focus on improving access for people of all abilities and ages
Rate of Aid:
The maximum level of funding for any individual project is €50,000 and grant-funding is at a rate of 90% of total project costs.
Measure 2: Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders Transport
Measure 2 will be administered directly by the Department of Rural & Community Development. Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to be submitted directly to DRCD.
Rate of Aid:
Funding will be provided for up to 90% of the total cost of a hybrid/electric vehicle (including fit out), subject to a maximum grant of €50,000 for a wheelchair accessible vehicle and €100,000 for a bus. The scheme will provide up to 80% of the total cost of a petrol/diesel vehicle/fit out subject to a maximum grant of €50,000 for a wheelchair accessible vehicle and €100,000 for a bus.
How to apply
Application forms, guidelines, and EOI for each Measure are available below or on request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 049 437 8587
Completed Applications for Measure 1 should be returned to, email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications by Cavan County Council is 5pm, Friday 19 May 2023.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Guide on how to find location
- Clár Areas in County Cavan Map: https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/ab7580-clar-funding-area-maps/
- Natura 2000 site check: https://dahg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=8f7060450de3485fa1c1085536d477ba
- X – Y Coordinates converter: https://gnss.osi.ie/new-converter/