Cavan County Council is committed to utilising nationally procured contracts, framework agreements and dynamic purchasing systems were possible, but still reserves the right to procure and establish its own.
1. Office of Government Procurement (OGP)
As part of the Public Service Reform Plan, the Government in 2014 established the Office of Government Procurement (OGP) to drive a new consolidated and integrated approach to public procurement. The establishment of the OGP represents a key milestone towards centralised procurement for goods and services for the entire public sector.
The OGP identified sixteen main spend categories across the public sector.
OGP Led Categories
- Professional Services
- Facilities Management
- ICT and Office Equipment
- Marketing, Print, Stationary
- Travel and HR Services
- Fleet and Plant
- Managed Services
Sector Led Categories
- Local Government
- Plant Hire
- Minor Builds and Civils
- Medical Professional Services
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment and Supplies
- Medical, Surgical and Pharmaceutical Supplies
- Defence and Security
- Veterinary and Agriculture
- Laboratory, Diagnostics and Equipment
The OGP will put in place Contracts/Frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) for 8 of these categories from which all public service bodies can buy/procure under (Known as OGP Led Categories). These Tenders Competitions will be advertised under the etender website (www.etenders.gov.ie) by The Office of Government Procurement(OGP).
2. Supplygov (Previously known as La Quotes)
The Local Government Operational Procurement Centre (LGOPC), based in Kerry County Council, leads two sector-led categories on behalf of the public sector, i.e. Minor Building Works and Civil and Plant Hire.
- The LGOPC will put in place Contracts/Frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) for Minor Building Works and Civil and Plant Hire from which all public service bodies can buy/procure under.
- These Tender Competitions will be advertised under the etender website (www.etenders.gov.ie) by the Local Government Operational Procurement Centre (LGOPC)
- Mini Competitions run by Public Bodies under LGOPC established Frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) will be conducted under the LGOPC procurement platform (website) known as “Supplygov” (previously known as laquotes).
- Suppliers must be on the relevant LGOPC Frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) for Cavan in order to be invited via Supplygov to Tender under a Mini Competition run by Cavan County Council under the particular Frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS).
3. Other Sector Led Categories
The remaining spend categories are identified as predominately sector-specific spend categories and therefore Health, Education, Local Government and Defence will retain sector procurement functions for these Sector led Categories, which they will procure on behalf of all public bodies.
Cavan County Council will therefore be able to avail of such contracts / frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS (where applicable).