Age Friendly Strategy
The Cavan Age Friendly Alliance has launched the Age Friendly Strategy for County Cavan, 2022 - 2024. This strategy includes actions aimed at improving key areas of infrastructure, transportation, services, information, engagement of older people in the community and an overall response to issues identified by older people across the county. The strategy covers eight specific themes to benefit older people:
- Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
- Respect and Social Inclusion
- Social Participation
- Communication and information
- Civic Participation and Employment
- Community Support and Health Services
- Read the current Cavan Age Friendly Strategy 2022-2024 (PDF, 1MB)
- Read the old Cavan Age Friendly Strategy 2017-2019 (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Read the old Cavan Age Friendly Strategy 2013-2016 (Word, 2 Mb)
- Read the Cavan Age Friendly Annual Report 2013 (Word, 1.2 Mb)
Information for older people
Cavan County Council addressed information gaps by putting together a booklet that provides clear information on Council services, such as housing grants, water grants, Sports Partnership supports, and planning information.
We also worked with the County Cavan Citizens' Information Service to include additional information relevant to older people, such as pension entitlements and other grants.
If you have any further questions or queries regarding services for older people, please get in touch using the following details.