Community involvement schemes
Community Involvement Schemes (CIS) are a joint venture between you the public and Cavan County Council, aimed at improving the quality of public roads which are in need of repair.
Eligible works include:-
- Providing hard stands at field entrances
- Removal of grass verges or banks
- Site preparation works including the removal of grass from the centre of the road (where required)
- Opening, deepening and generally maintaining drains alongside roadway and adjoining land including the laying of drainage pipes, where appropriate
- Providing gully traps at suitable locations and piping to drains, where appropriate
- Opening inlets
- Opening backshores
- Unblocking of shores/surface water drains
- Repair of potholes
- Surface dressing works
- Road strengthening works
- Repair of footpaths
- Construction of new footpaths
- Print the CIS Application Form (26 Kb)
Once you have completed the form, please send it to Roads & Transportation Section, Cavan County Council, Courthouse, Cavan.
Once your application is received, you will be placed on a waiting list. When an offer for the repair of the road is due, the Municipal District Office will prepare an estimated for the cost of the work to be carried out.
If you have any further questions about the scheme, please contact the Roads General Office using the details below.