Information and Advice
Who may be able to assist you?
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness and your last permanent address is in Cavan County Council local area, please contact Cavan County Council and request to speak with a member of the homeless team on 049 437 8300. Phone lines are open 9.30 am until 4pm Monday to Friday.
When necessary, you may be required to attend the homeless unit in person for an assessment. Assessments are by appointment only and initially will assess eligibility under Section 2 of the Housing Act 1988.
The initial assessment involves:
- Establishing accommodation history
- Establishing reason for homelessness
- Establishing eligibility for specific homeless services/emergency accommodation
- Establishing support needs & signposting to other relevant services.
- Establishing if you are registered or eligible to register with a Local Authority for social housing supports.
What is required for the appointment?
- Proof of ID (Passport, Driving license, PPS card)
- Proof of income including bank statement
- PPSN number
- Proof of homelessness (notice to quit, eviction notice, court order)
- Proof of address history to establish according to the Housing Act 1988.