Incremental Tenant Purchase Scheme

If you are a Cavan County Council tenant living in a local authority house that is available for sale under the scheme, and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply to purchase your house.

However, there are a number of types and uses of houses not eligible under the scheme, such as:

  • Apartments, flats, maisonettes and duplexes;
  • Houses specially designed for older people;
  • Houses provided for people with disabilities to help them leave institutional care and live in the community;
  • Houses that are part of a group housing scheme for members of the Traveller community;
  • Caravans, mobile homes or other homes that can be moved;
  • Houses in a private development transferred to the local authority by the developer;
  • Houses reserved by the local authority for particular reasons.

Forms / Related documents

Contact Us

Was this information helpful?
This form is for feedback on the webpage content. If you wish to report for example potholes, faulty street lights, barking dogs or any council housing maintenance issues please use the Report it option
Thank you for contacting Cavan County Council, we will review and deal with your query and contact you if we require further information.