Incremental Tenant Purchase Scheme
If you are a Cavan County Council tenant living in a local authority house that is available for sale under the scheme, and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply to purchase your house.
However, there are a number of types and uses of houses not eligible under the scheme, such as:
- Apartments, flats, maisonettes and duplexes;
- Houses specially designed for older people;
- Houses provided for people with disabilities to help them leave institutional care and live in the community;
- Houses that are part of a group housing scheme for members of the Traveller community;
- Caravans, mobile homes or other homes that can be moved;
- Houses in a private development transferred to the local authority by the developer;
- Houses reserved by the local authority for particular reasons.
Forms / Related documents
The Tenant Incremental Purchase Scheme Tenant Information Handbook (2022) provides further details on the scheme.