Community Activities Fund
Cavan County Council has been awarded funding of €269,514 for the Community Activities Fund under the Community Enhancement Programme.
The Community Activities Fund will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas
- With their non-pay running costs such as utility bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other non-pay operating costs for example rental/lease costs, insurance bills.
- Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, purchase equipment such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, canopies and training equipment etc.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
- Maintenance of premises
- Utility Bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges)
- Operating costs (eg existing rental/lease costs, insurance bills)
- Website Maintenance
- Audit & Accountancy fees
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. The scheme was launched at national level by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD. Read the press release here.
How to apply
- Download Community Activities Fund guidance document (Word doc, 58KB)
- Download Community Activities Fund application form (Word doc, 236KB)
Completed applications must be submitted by Monday, 14 February 2022 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org