Can I consult with the Planning Authority in advance?
Yes, this is referred to as a pre-planning consultation and can be requested by completing the online form
Pre-Planning Application Service
The Planning and Development Act 2000 as amended provides the facility for pre application consultation.
The pre-planning application online form should be fully completed with supporting documentation
The following information should be submitted as part of the online application form:
- Name and address of applicant
- Address/townland of site
- Site location map: scale 1:2500 within the proposed site outline
- Description of proposed development
- Approximate size of site
- Legal interest in site, i.e. owner/purchaser
- Have maps, layouts and photographs of proposals been presented. The location should be identified on an Ordnance Survey base.
- List the relevant details associated with the site (eg landscape classification; adjoining properties; archaeological item etc.)
- List the relevant policies/objectives of the development plan associated with the proposal (eg Rural Housing Policy, Multiple Housing with control points).
- List the applicants'/agents' items for clarification in relation to the policies/ objectives above (eg possible obstructiveness, impact on privacy/overlooking adjoining property).
• Site visits are not conducted for pre-planning queries for single houses.
• Pre-planning consultations are not provided where a site is up for sale.