Event to commemorate 25th anniversary of Good Friday Agreement
An event to mark the 25th Anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement will take place this Tuesday, 6th June at 7pm in the Townhall, Cavan. Dr. Martin Mansergh, former TD for Tipperary South, will deliver a keynote speech, followed by a panel discussion moderated by Ciarán Mullooly.
The event will be opened by Cathaoirleach of Cavan County Council, Cllr John Paul Feeley, followed by a keynote address by Dr Martin Mansergh.
A writer and historian and former TD, Senator, Minister of State, and senior advisor to successive Taoisigh, Dr Mansergh played a key role in the negotiation of the Good Friday Agreement and his address is sure to offer a unique insight into this historic peace accord, a quarter of a century on.
Following Dr Mansergh's address, former RTÉ Midlands Correspondent Ciarán Mullooly will moderate a panel discussion featuring panellists representing opinions and expertise from across the political spectrum:
- Professor Katy Hayward, Queen’s University Belfast
- Deputy Brendan Smith TD, Fianna Fáil, Cavan Monaghan
- Mr. Johnny O’Hanlon, former editor of The Anglo-Celt newspaper
- Mr. Tom Elliott, UUP, MLA Fermanagh and South Tyrone
- Mr. Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin, former Sinn Féin TD, Cavan Monaghan
This event is free to all to attend.