Winter Service Plan
Local Authorities are required to do a major review of their operations and to produce a plan and map detailing the proposed response/operations that the Council will be operating. This review is to be carried out annually prior to the onset of winter.
We advise the public to:
- Look at the designated Current Salting Routes and decide your best options to ensure access to the main routes for emergency services and essential trips.
- Have a winter service check for your vehicles.
- Consider purchasing materials, salt and/or winter tyres for the winter.
- Ensure that all water pipes are suitably insulated or buried a minimum of 1 metre below ground to avoid freezing.
- Consider neighbours at risk (elderly etc) and establish a rapport with them.
- Consider car pooling.
- Ensure a reasonable store of fuel and essentials for more isolated areas.
Visit the WinterReady.ie website